LifeEdited.com brought this column-kitchen (not sure if that’s a proper term) to our attention. We think that it’s a little to slick and a little too European to make it here – but it’s close to something that New Yorkers could adopt. It will be an expensive appliance, but then again, what is space worth in NYC? I can envision a day when many small Manhattan apartments for rent incorporate this kitchen concept.
As it is today, many apartments for rent in Manhattan have inadequate kitchen space. As a result, there is no microwave or dishwasher that can possible by installed. This appliance has:
- Kitchen basics: Oven, fridge, induction cooktop, sink, dishwasher and espresso maker (an Italian basic)
- Multi-stage water filtration
- Herb garden that uses filtered grey water
- Built in ventilation and UVA light for your herb garden
- Counter surfaces that creates seating for six
It’s called ECooking, designed by Massimo Facchineti and, unlike many concept designs, will be manufactured by Clei, the same folks who make the Swing sofa/bed in the LifeEdited Apartment.
No price has been announced yet.